We’ve Got Answers!
Welcome to our FAQ’s page where you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions.
- Can Eagle Buildings construct a building on site? No. All of our buildings are delivered fully assembled to our customer’s site. By building our products in a manufacturing environment, we are able to better control our costs and deliver a very high quality, durable building at an affordable price.
- What type of building foundation is required? A reasonably flat (as opposed to level) area is required – we will level the building to the existing terrain. The building does not need any additional foundation work such as gravel or concrete. We can certainly place the building on these foundations. However, they are not required for installation.
- How can I reach someone at Eagle Buildings? You can reach us by phone at any of our offices listed under Locations during the hours listed. You may also contact us via Facebook or through our Contact Us form.
- What is included in installation? Installation includes placing and leveling the building on site. We do not remove obstacles or provide ground leveling services. The buildings are leveled to the terrain with treated wood blocks (ground contact rated). If you prefer, you can supply 4″ x 8″ x 16″ solid concrete blocks (1 block for ever 4 perimeter feet) to use in place of the treated wood blocks. These must be on site at the time of the installation. Drivers may charge extra for extremely difficult deliveries.
- Can I choose siding or roofing colors besides the colors offered in your brochures? Check with us to see what options are available.
- What is the delivery charge? One free delivery attempt is included in the price of the building, within a 50-highway-mile radius of the dealer lot where the building was purchased. If the distance to your site is greater than 50 miles, there is a $3 per mile one-way charge payable when the building is purchased.
- Can a building be moved once it has been installed? Yes. Cost will be determined on a case by case basis. You will need to contact the transportation department at 731-642-0006 extension 4 and give them the exact location of the new address.
- Will you remove any unwanted building from my property? No. The installers are not equipped to remove or haul old buildings or other debris of any type.
- Will you obtain the necessary permits for a specific location? We do not obtain building permits, conduct covenant searches or research deed and homeowner association restrictions. All local code or building inspection requirements are the sole responsibility of the homeowner.
- How much side to side clearance does the installer need to move the building onto my property? There must be at least one foot of side clearance during transport, and the building must be at least three feet from any other structures or the property line. In other words, if you choose a 10-foot-wide building, we will require 12 feet of clearance to get it to the site and 16 feet of clearance in order to place the building on the ground.
- How much vertical clearance does the installer need to get the gooseneck trailer and the building onto my property? The trailers are about 30 inches in height. The buildings range in height from the short wall utility buildings (102 inches) to the lofted barn with 3 inches of optional, additional height (139 inches). Depending on the model the customer chooses, the installer would need a minimum clearance of between 11.5 feet to 15 feet.
- Can a building be installed in an area where it is not possible for the truck and trailer combination to get close to the site? Yes, with advance notice, the installer can unload the building from the trailer and maneuver it onto the site with some specialized equipment. The installer will discuss your specific needs when the delivery is scheduled.
- Will the installer remove and replace obstacles such as step railings, fence posts, basketball goals, etc., to facilitate the placement of the building on a customer’s property? No. Any necessary removal and/or replacement of obstacles on the site is the sole responsibility of the homeowner.
- Do you build or supply ramps for your buildings? We do not furnish or build ramps because it is not possible to produce or stock a universal ramp that will meet all situations. Some buildings will be blocked 3 or 4 feet above the ground, while others will be only inches. Changes in slope from one side to the other can also be difficult to address. We feel that is best for you, the customer, to make your own determination after the building is set up.
- What kinds of maintenance will be required on my building? No maintenance is required. We do recommend that you apply a stain to your treated building somewhere between 6 months and 1 year of receiving it.
- Do I need to have permits or other paperwork? The customer is responsible for contacting your local city and county agencies in regard to zoning, permits, setbacks, and covenants. Also it is recommended that you contact your Homeowners Association (if applicable) to determine what neighborhood rules and regulations may apply.
- Who is the parent company of Eagle Buildings? PMB Services is the parent company of Eagle Buildings. The main office is located at 1075 Mineral Wells Avenue, Paris, Tennessee 38242. The main office’s phone number is 731-642-0006. Office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST Monday-Friday.